Saturday, July 2, 2011

I have never made a quilt

But if/when I ever get around to it, it will most probably look something like one of these. I've been toying around with the idea of making a quilt by hand for a couple years but it's such an under-taking, that I knew I would only want to make one quilt. That being said, deciding on what your one and only quilt that you will spend countless hours on, is a very large decision. I suppose I put too much thought into it. The idea of making a quilt sort of ended up being foreboding, rather than exciting, until I saw these quilts at Anthopologie. I can make these. I will make one of these. And it will look like I made it. Being able to paint it and just sort of patch it together renewed the idea of a quilt being fun and unique again and now I think maybe I can do it. Below are photos of quilts designed by Fred Shand.

No comments:

Post a Comment